Pages - Menu

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A bit of good karma


This morning I received an impassioned e-mail from a lady in Canada, who was trying to trace the one and only photograph of her paternal Grandmother. She believed it was in the book Arlesford in Old Photographs, but had drawn a blank in finding it, as no first editions are available anywhere, and she had been led to believe it wasn't in the second impression. Well I got our second impression copy out, had a look and low and behold there is the lady in question, on exactly the page she said it would be. I let her know, sending her a copy of the picture just to be sure and here's the e-mail I received back


Dear Sara, You have succeeded! Bravo! The lady who is my grandmother is the one behind what looks like a sawhorse, in the dark dress with the light-coloured straw hat.
The person who sent me the original information regarding the picture stated that her picture was not in the 1976 edition, but that the picture of the full-sized carousel was.
So much for the search. Seeing the pictures helped a great deal.
Thank you for taking the time to begin the search. I truly appreciate your getting caught up in the mystery of the search.
Have a great day,


So I've gone from villain to hero in one day.


Oh and on the subject of yesterday's kvetch - the lady in question has removed her feedback on Amazon (she didn't realise what misery it would cause me!), she said that she had not read the description properly and we came to an agreement so that she could keep the book and we weren't out of pocket. Over-react - Moi!!! Never!!

No comments: