Pages - Menu

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Amazon Feedback again...


<Begins rant> Some mad woman gave us a 1 out of 5 on Amazon today. It's my fault as I think I dared the Book Gods the other day when I mentioned that it doesn't happen very often. The thing is this women obviously can't read, so why oh why, did she have to buy a book from me?
The book in question was called " What Most Women Want, What Few Women Find" - I'm thinking that she wants a good kick up the arse.
Here's her feedback:-
1 out of 5: "I think this book was originally described as acceptabe - it certainly wasn't acceptable to me at £8.00. It was far too shabby to give to someone without apology for the state of it. I am very disappointed." Date: 2008/11/24
The poor woman is obviously beside herself with rage and misery. But what can I do? We clearly described it as a reading copy only, and went on to note that the covers were creased but internally the text block was clean. Now to me that description does not shout out "BUY ME AS A GIFT". We listed the book at Amazon's lowest grading which is as she correctly points out Acceptable (which is a horrible meaningless term don't you think?) but in this case one person's acceptable is another person's completely unacceptable. And to top it all our book, at the extortionate price of £8, was a whole £15 cheaper than the next available copy - which again I think should say to the buyer that it's not going to be a book for laying down and keeping for future generations.
Anyway I have e-mailed her via Amazon and offered her a refund, but she's not replied and Nanny Amazon won't allow us to have the buyer's e-mail direct to see if the e-mail address actually works. Our feedback rating has dropped 3% points, (one negative feedback in the last 6 months and we lose 3% - I told you Amazon were swingeing in their feedback) and I am very, very fed up.
Why don't people contact you before they do this? When you go to leave feedback on Amazon it specifically says that if you have a problem you should contact the seller first and see if it can be resolved. But it's so much less confrontational to just click 1 out of 5 and anonymously have your say. The thing is though I'm reasonable, and conscientious. I don't want unhappy customers and I can accept that maybe she didn't notice the description said reading copy or didn't understand what that meant, and I would have sorted it out before it came to this.
And to cap it all I can't even have a glass of wine to calm down.
Woe is me
<end of rant>


No comments: