Pages - Menu

Friday, May 23, 2014

Why limit yourself to reading the little blighters?

Folded Heart Book. $52.00, via Etsy.

I had a lovely customer email me yesterday asking for a nice  copy of Jane Eyre which she wanted  so that she could  make a piece of art as a wedding gift.  Oooh -  at this my ears pricked up. My interest was piqued. You  see I am not a purist -oh no -  not for me the fixed idea that all books are completely sacred and must not under any circumstances be used for anything but their original purpose, and after all I have a tonne of books here waiting for recycling because the penny-sellers  on Amazon have made them all but unsaleable. But  I have to admit, folded-book art is  a new one for me, so I asked her what  it entailed exactly.  And this is it! How gorgeous is that? I LOVE IT!  Her friend is getting married and her friend's favourite book is Jane Eyre -  so she making one of these - with their wedding date as the folded bit.  How fabulously thoughtful is that?  Of course, I also  now know that there is a new business opportunity for me with all my worthless  old rejects.   Fold, fold, fold - make adorable - that'll be £30 please!  Now if only I were arty - I'd be onto something :


No comments: