Pages - Menu

Monday, March 31, 2014

We're Alright Jack

Whilst I am generally not a lover of the Daily Mail.  I thought this article was quite interesting.  Personally I have never really understood why the e-reader and the book have to be mutually exclusive.  Surely it's horses for courses?  Kindles are great for holiday reading & travelling light, but the pleasure of reading a proper book is ingrained into our psyche on a deeper level somehow.  Anyway - if what he says is true and sales of e-books are falling now in America, with sales in the UK expected to follow suit, then I will sleep easier tonight!!  Over and out!


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2593069/Old-habits-die-hard-Traditional-printed-books-e-reader-revolution-challenge-says-Waterstones-founder.html

1 comment:

uncle phil said...

I read the article too, with roughly the same reaction. Incidentally, I've started my blog again.