Pages - Menu

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Beginnings - One Step at a Time

I just found my old blog which I casually abandoned nearly 3 years ago.  I was going to just start again but when I read through some of my old posts I quite liked them, so I've left them as they are and off we go again. So we are still selling books and still enjoying doing so.  At the moment we are listing the lifetime collection of a lady who was a London Blue Guide - and as so often happens, have learnt a great deal in the process.  My favourite book so far is a modern one about a tenacious old biddy,  Phyllis Pearsall, who on being unable to find a decent map of London, took to the streets herself and devised her own.  The map was so successful that she ended up founding the Geographer's Map Company - which is still going strong today. 
http://www.yesteryearbooks.co.uk/si/048065.html

No comments: